Followers

Sunday, January 20, 2013

QUARTZSITE'S BIG TENT RV SHOW




What a great way to start the day.  A nice hot cup of chai tea.  

Oliver and Olivia wanted to visit the desert before the sun was peaking over the mountains.   That meant I needed to leave my toasty, warm bed and brave the cooler desert temperatures.  

But then.......as they were taking care of their business, the sun peaked over the mountain just ahead of us.  Beautiful.  

Then I turned one hundred eighty degrees to see the first rays on the mountains behind us. 

Wow.  

What a beautiful time of reflection, and thankfulness for all blessings that God has heaped on us.  

Yesterday was a day of surprises.  After two long years of anticipation, the Big Tent and the Quartzsite RV and Travel Show was open for business.    

I had quite a time finding a parking place that would be close enough that John would not have a long walk to the tent.  Finally, I decided to let him of at an entrance then park the car.  It still took me about twenty minutes to find a place to park the car on the last row.  

We were to meet friends Val and Larry.  Two years ago they shopped in our booth at the Hoosier Hills Fiberarts Festival in Franklin, Indiana. Val volunteered to demonstrate spinning on my Schacht spinning wheel.  

Val and Larry live in Tuscon in the winter then travel in their RV during the Arizona heat in the summer.  Hummm what do we call those that travel north?  It sure is not snowbirds!  

We all headed into the big tent to shop for all things RV. NOT.  It is not all things RV.  We were disappointed to see so many booths occupied by vegetable peelers, hair straighteners, food choppers, etc.  Our expectations were unrealistic.  
How is this for a R.V. conversion?

Last night as I was trying to fall asleep it dawned on me.  The joy of Quartzsite is not the shopping. It is  sitting in the warm desert sun, feeling the healing wash over our bodies.  

It is all about reconnecting with friends, making new friends, listening to RVers with many years of experience share their knowledge.  It is not often that we can meet with others who blog about their travels and their RVs.  That is the joy of Q.  

With that, I leave you to have a wonderful Sunday.

God Bless!



  
  















7 comments:

  1. The first year we full-time, we went to the Q. That is where we met most of the people you are with now. You are so right, Nan. It's all about enjoying friendships, the desert, and just relaxing.

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm sitting here with a steaming hot cup of Coconut Chai Green Tea. Blended with Cinnamon, Ginger and island Coconut, watching the Austrailian opens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every RVer should do Q at least once in their travels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have never attended the big event at Q, looking forward to it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just cannot drag myself out at that hour of the morning. One of these days I'm going to do it because I can look out my window and see of the beauty of the sun reflected on the mountains. But it's so cold. But our days are just wonderful. I remember going to the Big Tent the first time and I felt just like you. I expected RV stuff everywhere. But you need to go at least once. I come to Q for the social aspect of the experience. I love sitting outside in the desert even if it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice that the weather has turned warmer. When it's cold everyone stays inside. When it's warm we can all be outside. Yep ... too much other stuff in the Big Tent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that the Big tent is overrated. But everyone needs to see Quartzsite once. It is an experience like no other! It sounds like you, John and the "fur kids" are enjoying yourselves....and that's why you're out doing what you are doing! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. We do enjoy hearing from you.