Saturday, May 5, 2012


As predicted in my last posting, John came home on Wednesday but not until about twenty four hours of frenzied activity at Kindred Hospital captured patent's attention.  

Tuesday was a "happening" day.  But it all started Sunday when a nurse discovered that a patient had a strange rash on her arms and legs.  Scrapings were sent to the laboratory and the diagnosis was Scabies.  

The Kindred "team" went to work. Every inch of the hospital was sanitized.  Curtains were removed.  One room was sanitized.  A patient was treated and moved into the clean room then the patent's room was treated and the next patient was moved into that room until every patient on all floors was treated and moved into a clean room. Beds were removed and new, sanitized beds were brought in.  Every patients other furniture moved with the them.  This procedure continued for about twenty four hours.  

Tuesday morning John said he was "good to go."  What wonderful words.  Words that I had waited what seems like an eternity to hear.

We finally were able to leave the hospital around two o'clock.  The wait was hard on John.  He was so ready to leave, but had to wait for paperwork.  

I finally convinced him to take off the Posy / walking belt.  I said "throw that thing away" and he responds with "I want it to use on my kayak."  Yep, he's ready to get on the road. 

Doesn't he look wonderful?!?!
Nurse Buffy came to take John to the car.  She is one remarkable woman.  This past August, Buffy lost her eighteen year old son to respiratory failure.   And this remarkable woman tenderly continues to care for many patients.  Some of them, like John, experienced respiratory failure.  It is hard to get my head around this.  

Our ride home was confusing for him. The bright sunlight, the traffic noise all seemed to assault his senses but he handled it quite well as we talked about his feelings as we drove the ten short minutes home.  

When we arrived home,  I drove throughout the yard and around the house so he could see everything Cruz, Bob, and I had done.  When I got back to the drive he insisted on getting out of the car by himself.  I insisted that he stand there until I could get around to take another photo of him. He headed into the house to see how we had finished preparing the house for "show and sell|."   After the "photo session,"  and his tour he went straight to the motorhome and claimed his seat!  He has claimed the motorhome as our residence and we have continued to stay.

looks like too much fun here!
Thursday was the first day of physical therapy as an outpatient.  Grant Foley, co-owner of Hayden Physical Therapy and the person who helped me when I had my knee replacements, took John under his wing and began to work with John.  Jaime Hayden came over to encourage John regarding his memory loss.  

Jamie is a survivor of a malignant brain tumor resulting in surgery, some memory problems and seizures.  He is a miracle man in his own way.

Would you believe that after P.T. John wanted to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Rodeo for lunch?  Yep, that's John.  After lunch, he crashed a good crash at home. feet are not blue!  

Friday brought visitors for John and a pedicure for me!  We both were totally delighted.  

Today was grandson, Ross' birthday party.  His gift concerned us for just a bit.  We went on line to Toy'sRUs website and found a Cars themed 

bicycle.  He loves anything Cars and he was thrilled with a shiny new bicycle.  

We are now home and tomorrow will be another rest day before Physical Therapy on Monday.  

Again, thank you for your prayers and thoughts!  

God Bless you all!  


  1. Oh what a delightful header pictures. I just love roses. Our next blog has roses that are blooming here in Nevada.
    What is with all this paperwork. Aren't we in the technology age? For Pete's Sake!
    John looks wonderful! What a wonderful present for Ross! Happy Birthday Ross!

  2. what a long road the two of you have been on...glad to hear that John is home now!..hope the recovery process goes well!!! day at a time!

  3. Whoo Hoo! John is home. What wonderful news. What a story about the hospital, and what a wonderful nurse who is able to care for patients with the same ailment that took her son.

    Amazing people in this world. I believe you and John have slain the elephant!

    Now just make sure he does what the physical terrorist tells him to do. :)

  4. Congratulations to John! It must feel great to be home, and great for you to have him home. Now the PT begins, and I know John will be up to the task. He has come a long way. What a relief for you! :)

  5. John looks really good after the ordeal he has been through. So glad he is home and doing well. Keep up the good work and you will be on your way in no time. God Bless and I will continue to remember you both in my prayers.

  6. To God Be the Glory, Great Things He Hath Done...I know John is happy to be home and you are too! And you even moved to the RV -- sooo great! We will continue to pray for a total and complete recovery for John and that the house sells soon! What drama at the hospital and Nurse Buffy -- what a treasure she is. Happy Bday to Ross! God Bless!

  7. He did the impossible ( or so it seemed) He made it home for Ross's Birthday!!! John looks great (and so do your toes :) Glad you are having some "me" time too. We will continue to pray as he heals. And we are also praying the house will sell soon.

  8. It's good to see John home in the MoHo like you had been planning. Now with the PT and the sale of the house, it won't be long and you'll be enjoying your dream of travelling around this beautiful Country. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

  9. A great positive post. You two deserve it.

  10. Sooo glad he is home and going gusto to get better!!! When I recovered from one of my surgeries, I spent weeks out in the motorhome in the driveway instead of the house. It was easier to get around, all on one level, only the stairs going in and out, and everything was within reach without a lot of trouble.

    Plus, in your case, like ours right now, it will leave the house cleaner for showings, you can hang out in the RV!

    Soooo when do you take a break and get a chance to rest?

    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard

  11. Super news and answered prayers! So wonderful to have your sweet hubby home with you again. Mexican food, he is getting back to normal quickly!

    God bless you both!

  12. Absolutely thrilled that John is home! And a very happy birthday to your adorable grandson!

  13. And today was a good day. And one day at a time, john, dont burn out like a firecracker!!! ;)

  14. Tears of joy and thanksgiving. I know you still have some struggles ahead of you but the fact that he is alive and at home is such a miracle. Stupid paperwork - I didn't get Jim out of the hospital until almost 4:00 p.m. because of paperwork. John, keep up the good work. There are days you are going to hate Grant but he does know what is best for you. So no fussing at him.

  15. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on
    this blog loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
    Review my site ... Anaconda


Thank you for leaving your comment. We do enjoy hearing from you.