Followers

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

THAT POOR ELEPHANT....& THAT VICTORIOUS INCHWORM

You know, I hardly know what to say!  I am dumbfounded, astonished, in awe of how God has worked in John's life and death battle......


JOHN COMES HOME TOMORROW~!!!


The recovery is not complete.  He has weeks of physical therapy to get back to "normal."  But he is coming home!  


The tracheotomy is out, he is breathing just plain ole, normal air, walking without assistance.


He gets confused at time and still has some fine motor skills to work on, but wow, that's nothing compared to all that has happened to him.


He is considering talking to a therapist friend.  His loss of time / space bothers him.  I cannot imagine loosing six weeks of my life.  He talks about tulips...they are long gone.  Easter, April Fools Day, etc.  One nice thing he has missed is all this politics rhetoric! 


One thing that astonished me is how can a man who entered the E.D. / E.R. (they now call the emergencyf room the emergency department) with only the clothes on his back need two huge plastic bags of "stuff" to take home.    


We hope to stay here in the motorhome until the house sells.  We had a showing tonight...of course, no feedback yet.   


On the motorhome subject, there are some repairs needed.  As I have stayed here in the motorhome, I have had no "house" lights. The motorhome is plugged into our house electricity so I have a working microwave, electric outlets and the television....but the technician tells me that while plugged into the home power, we should be recharging the "house" batteries.  Something is wrong.  


We used Edmundson RV in Taylorsville, IN for repairs.  But if you have been following my blog for a long time, you will see that Edmundson's service department leaves much to be desired. So much that I would not recommend that you stop there for repair.  


We are going to try Family RV Rental in Whiteland, IN.  They are just south of Indianapolis right off I 65 at the Whiteland exit.  I spoke with them today and explained that John is leaving the hospital tomorrow and asked if we could park there if repairs would take more than a day.  Of all things, the technician said that he would speak with the owner and most likely they will be able to come to us since we live fairly close to I 65 (15 minutes).  


If their service and repairs are good, you will be hearing raves from us.  If not, I will tell you the facts.    


It is getting late.  I need to get some sleep!

Once again, I want to thank each and every one of you for your kind thoughts and prayers.  


The staff at Kindred Hospital all are in awe of the progress John has made!  He makes that hospital look like miracle workers!  But...........we know who the miracle worker is!  And to God be the glory!  


Without your prayers, John would still be in the hospital tomorrow.  The doctors said he would be there  until, at the earliest, the first of June...probably till the middle of June. Tomorrow.....May 2!   


Here we are at the second of May and John is coming home!  To God be the glory, great things He has done!  


Thank you to each and every one of you for your prayers for John's recovery.  I wish I could hug each one of you.  How I wish we all could have a huge cook out to celebrate.  Maybe......someday soon!  




  



14 comments:

  1. Tears of joy and thanksgiving. With you by his side and the Lord watching over both of you, he will continue on this road to recovery. So glad to hear they will come to you to take a look at the lights in the coach. That makes it so much easier on you and John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what wonderful good news! I am sure once he is back home with you his recover will improve many times over. Thank our Blessed Lord for yet another miracle. God Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO awesome!! :) So happy to hear that John has made such wonderful progress. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is something to celebrate. Wonderful news

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so glad to hear the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful to hear this good news. It has been a long road for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you and John, Nan. How wonderful it will be to have him home, again, with you. I bet I know two people who will never take a moment for granted, again, or waste any time getting to do the things in life they want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very thrilled to hear this news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm Walking around the house today singing as I do my chores.....


    To God be the glory, great things He hath done,
    So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
    Who yielded His life our redemption to win,
    And opened the life-gate that all may go in.

    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
    Let the earth hear His voice;
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
    Let the people rejoice;
    Oh, come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
    And give Him the glory; great things He hath done.


    My Eyes are leaking tears of joy and thanksgiving and happiness for the two of you.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, wonderful news, Nan. So glad that things have worked out for you this way. What a relief. Yes, being home will be wonderful for John and for you to have him home. No more running back and forth to the hospital! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are a few mobile rv repair guys listed on your Craigslist. It could be just a fuse. Great news about John.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great News! And a miracle that he is doing so well. I don't know a lot about RV's but mine has a on/off switch by the back door that I was told to always leave on. Sometimes I have to turn it off/on to reset it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear the news. Please keep us updated as you have time but know that we understand you will be very busy with home care and other appointments for some time. Good luck with the repairs and God Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. We do enjoy hearing from you.