Followers

Sunday, March 4, 2012

AND THE BEAT GOES ON & FRIDAY'S TORNADO IN INDIANA

Another day on our journey to full timing has passed.  We did not accomplish much today.


Royalty-Free (RF) Clip Art Illustration of a Cartoon Tired Woman With Bad Hair, Holding Coffee by Ron Leishman  A good old migraine has plagued me for the last day and a half.  I am planning on being in good condition tomorrow morning.  You know how exciting Monday mornings are? Don't you?


Oh wait, Monday mornings are just another day to all of us, aren't they.....well .....most of us.  It just dawned on me that every morning is now Saturday morning!  How's that for retirement.... not too bad.


On another note, we have not had a television set in our home for fifteen months.  Seldom do I miss it, but Friday, with the tornadoes, it made us think.  Maybe we need at least a weather radio here in the house.  We need one for the motorhome anyway, so I think that this week, sometime, we will make the purchase.  


Royalty-free (RF) Clipart Illustration of a Black And White Radio by r formidable
The need to purchase a weather radio brings to light the question what kind of weather radio?"  I have no idea.  We have not researched them at all.  We have no clue what to look for when it comes to bells and whistles.  


Speaking of weather radios, tornadoes etc. I have learned that friends of our lost a llama in the tornado.  Their barn was destroyed as well as vast damage to their house.  


 I do have a report on the two year old that was found in a field after the tornado.  She has been identified.  Both her parents, her three year old brother and a seven week old sister we all killed.   She was the only survivor in her immediate family and has been removed from life support and has died.


Her name, was Angel.  

God is good. He did not cause this event, but  He does not promise us that we will live a life without heartache and tragedy and sometimes death.  But He does promise us a way through every life experience.  I know.  I've been there.  I've done that.  


Suddenly, I don't feel like blogging more this evening.  It is time for reflection.  If I were to die tonight, I am confident that through Christ Jesus, I would live forever with Him.  Only He can offer that blessed assurance.


My prayer for each of you tonight, is that you, personally know Christ Jesus as your savior and that whether it be out motorhoming, on the beach, in the desert, city or in heaven we will greet each other with smiles and hugs. 


God bless...............















6 comments:

  1. This is truly the time to draw closer to the Lord. As our world falls apart around us, He is the only one we can turn to for strength and understanding. Angel and her family are all wrapped in His loving arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the update on the little one. I hadn't heard she passed away.
    I DO know that Jesus is my Savoir. I pray that I worthy of his Love and Blessings. ~wheresweaver

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. Thank you, for it came in perfect timing! Have a good day and hopefully your migraine will pass quickly.

    Just BS!(Bob and Sue)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the sad story on the news... so heartbreaking.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know that was such a thing as a weather radio. We've been checking the internet for the weather conditions in places we want to travel to. It is suppose to be really windy tomorrow and snow on Wednesday. We're at Zion National Park in Utah now through Friday. Take care then and be safe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Radio Shack, Bass Pro Shop, probably Best Buy have them. John said that Radio Shack has them on sale this week.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comment. We do enjoy hearing from you.